Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Melody of Angels


A Melody of Angels
You know that area of sleep where you are still asleep but getting ready to wake up? They say this is the area where we get our brainstorms and if we can remember what we heard, we should be definitely writing them down.
Sometimes I hear heavenly songs. That is the only way I can describe it. What a wonderful way to begin a day, but to hear these lush words sing: “You have become the master of rainbows. You have become the guardian of rain.” The singing was incredible, so I certainly knew it wasn’t me, but I am sure I was humming it.
Since this morning I have thought about those words, especially the word become. Jesus learned obedience through suffering, like we do. That is in the book of Hebrews the 5th chapter.
He listened to the Holy Spirit while he walked the earth back then, this is how he heard God’s voice. He didn’t want to die upon that cross and prayed not his will but God’s will. So He followed it through for the great love of His father and us.
No I do not understand it all. Yes, I do have lots of questions. But I do know this, that there isn’t any greater love than when someone lays their life down for another person. Could you do that for those whom you haven’t even met, like Jesus did?

No comments: