Saturday, February 4, 2017

Sometimes we need to find that place of rest


Early this morning, listening to the familiar sound of my old coffee pot perk for awhile and then decide to take a rest for a minute, then perk again, rest again, perk and rest until the pot was finished with the task. I have other pots, but this pot is an old friend. I don’t mind the resting, then working again, in fact I’ve got so I count them in the mornings.  Aren’t we ourselves something like that old coffee pot? We “carry on” as the Brits say and then, rest for awhile and then,  “carry on again.” 

In fact, like that coffee pot, we need to find that place of rest. 

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Small prayer:

Heavenly Father,

We thank you for that special place of rest that we have in your son Jesus. We thank you, that we are not our own, but were bought with a price and belong to you. 

We ask for mercy for those who are in pain at this time. We ask that you would renew and recharge their immune system, renew their digestive system, renew their knees, renew their respiratory systems, renew their kidneys and liver and renew their minds. Father, I ask that you would honor those parents who have remained obedient in you and send them messengers to encourage their hearts and increase their faith. We want to bless you today. We want to give honor to you. We ask that our joy be completely transparent through your Holy Spirit. We love you Lord.  In your son Jesus we ask. Amen. 

No comments: