Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Let the glory of the Lord rise above you

Tearfully, these words came to me this morning: Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. Isaiah 60:1
We sing a song "Let the glory of the Lord rise above you." I could hear it when I woke up. My heart is breaking this morning for those who have lost their loved ones. No one expects our lives to be taken so quickly, we just do not think about it. I believe in the very deepest throes of blackness and despair, a hand reaches out and begins to whisper to us: "I love you." Arms embrace us, so we can cry on His shoulder. Angels begin to tenderly teach us and give us understanding. Though the void in our hearts will be there, little by little we learn to rest in true agape love and peace as our healing begins.
I feel led to pray for the wounded hearts this morning. Please pray with me:
Precious Holy Father,
Blessed be your Holy name Jehovah Shalom, the giver of peace. We lift you up this morning! We give you all honor. Oh Father you see our broken hearts. You see all the suffering. Precious Father you said we have not because we ask not. Together in one mind, we ask this morning to minister to those who are wounded by losing their loved ones. Send your Comforter to minister and heal their hearts.
Your word says where sin abounds, grace much more abounds. We believe that! Minister to all their spirits and allow them to see Your goodness amid such despair. Bring your light and healing into their lives.
We give you all the glory!
In your son, amen.

No comments: