Saturday, November 16, 2019

Where did the rain go?

Just when you think I cannot write a small article, think again. While searching for a particular co-subject that would help me along with my studies, I ran across a note written in red, in my Bible dated 11-19-1996.

We were visiting a church in Okinawa while spending time with my oldest son. Those attended were mostly military families with children. We immediately loved and bonded with the Pastor and wife. While a humble young lady whom I will call Dee was giving her testimony, there was a thick silence that spread throughout the assembly and I was impressed, this place was called to be a Lighthouse and would embrace all those who walked through the doors. This was a house of mercy. As Dee spoke I began to hear it rain outside. Everyone was listening very closely to Dee as she told about her born-again experience.  I noticed how the rain started to pour heavier and I casually mentioned this to my husband [without a response]. Then, the rain was coming down so heavy, it sounded like it was going to come through the roof! I thought to myself, “Wow! The rain is coming down so hard now, we could see a flood when we walk outside!” 

When we walked outside, I saw the sunshine. There was no evidence of rain, no puddles, nothing was wet; not even a leaf had been sprinkled.  But, what was this? I vaguely mentioned, “What happened to the rain?” to a few people without a response. 

Then, I thought of these verses.

Psalm 72:6 says: “He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass; as showers that water the earth.”

Ezekiel 34:26 says: “And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.”

Hosea 6:3 says: “ Then shall we know, if we follow on to the Lord; his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.”

Hosea 10:12 says: “Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.” 


Coincidence you might say? Was I hearing things? I have super sharp hearing, so no problem there. Did a jet fly over? But jets do not sound like rain. 

I believe my experience was for me and only me. This happens sometimes. God will give us supernatural blessings to inspire and encourage us, as we follow on with the Lord.

Let’s pray

Heavenly Father,

You are a Father who keeps on blessing us, keeps on talking to us, keeps on encouraging us and most of all; you keep right on loving us. Thank you Father for all those big things and small things that are involved in our lives, we know they all come from you. Thank you Father for constantly showering us with your goodness, kindness, corrections when we need them, continually directing our paths, guiding us by day and by night and giving us everything we need to learn more of you. We choose to break up our fallow ground and plant your word inside of the soil of our hearts and we know you will rain upon it. Help us grow your way and be good stewarts with everything you bring our way. We desire to bring you glory and love. Thank you Father in your son we pray, amen. 


  

No comments: