Wednesday, November 25, 2020

HOPE brings LIGHT


 Hope brings Light


Our eyesight is a magnificent tool that is designed by God that beholds various shapes and colors. Over time man has learned how to artistically emphasize the eyes with make-up. Yet, our eyes are so much more. The colors we see through our eyes are brought about by light that is captured by reflectors and sends signals to our brain. Without going into a bunch of scientific braininess about colors, I’ll stop right there; as it is not my niche. However, there is a connection.


Let’s tap into the spiritual aspect of what our spiritual eyes are seeing today. Though physically our eyes can be lovely, what are they seeing in the spiritual realm today? Are you seeing anything? Talk to me about it.


Is there light in the eyes of your heart or darkness? Hope can be seen when faith’s light is ruled by God’s love. The term, “we are only human” can be an excuse to live under cover and without light. Another term is “our sin nature.”


Where are you in His Spirit? What controls your life?


Yet, only a few will be able to see what is going on. 


For a moment, let’s think bread. 


When I take a flour sifter and pour flour into it, I can see the small hard particles of flour that cannot go through the sifter and these are thrown out. Only the smallest of finest refined flour goes into the bowl. Preparing homemade bread is a long process. The yeast must be literally punched and kneaded throughout the whole dough and then, left by itself  to rise. The bread maker walks away to do other things while the dough is slowly rising. A good batch will rise sometimes 3-5 times it’s original size and this takes many hours. No one is in a hurry. There are no shortcuts. The bread maker returns and punches a hole into the dough and kneads it again and allows it to sit alone, sometimes overnight to slowly rise once again. The bread maker can do this two or three times before it is finally ready to be put into the bread pans to bake. 


Are we any different?


This is an illustration of what is happening to the believers today. We are going through a sifter. If you are proud and not humble and still holding unforgiveness you are one of those small hard particles that will be thrown out. True humility accepts the honesty that everyone of us have sinned. Held pride will not only bring illness, but bury all your hope. Pride repeatedly deceives and yields a lifetime of lies.  Once and for all,  clear eyes will admit their lives must be humble and have a dependance upon the insight and strength of the Holy Spirit. This is why The Holy Spirit was given to us. 


“Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:34


“Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.” Proverbs 28:13


“As water reflects a face, so a man’s heart reflects the man.” Proverbs 27:19


Lastly,


“For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Matthew 23:12


Only when a person completely humbles himself, confesses his sins to God and believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God and went to the cross for him to receive forgiveness can a person be set free from the old life.  A new life awaits before you. God never begins something in your life that he doesn’t finish. 


I urge you today, to not wait another moment, as you hear His Spirit calling you today.


Pray with me:


Heavenly Father,


I know I am a sinner.  I want to be set free and released from all of my sins. I want to be born again. I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, was crucified upon that cross to take my sins away. I ask that you would forgive my sins. [name them]____.  Fill me up with your Holy Spirit and teach me your ways, make me strong and send me godly people to help me along the way. I ask this in Jesus name amen.


If you have humbled yourself and prayed this prayer, the Bible says you have been born-again and a new creature in Christ. Now, you need to grow and become strong. Buy a good Bible and begin to read the Book of John. Mark the verses that will stand out to you. Pray to God while you read. Find a good Bible believing church and make new friends. They will pray for you and you will draw knowledge and strength from them.  Welcome into the family!




 

No comments: