Sunday, December 15, 2013

We Need Mercy!

Gentle Rain

Mercy

“But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,”
 Psalm 103:17 NKJV

What is your concept of mercy?
God’s mercy is withholding the sentence or judgment that we have earned through our sinful behavior while in this life. Please understand, because of our sins/wrong doings(whatever the poison you have chosen); we earn judgments and sentencing while we go through this life. Our hearts become darkened and stained through a sinful life and we actually bring about God’s judgment by the things we do.

If we know the truth and understand it, yet walk away from this mercy; this is rejecting everything that Jesus Christ did for you. You are denying the blood that He shed for you.

Think about this for a minute:
Instead of:

Life - you are choosing death

Mercy and forgiveness – you are choosing judgment

Pure love – you are choosing fear, unbelief and the things of the world.

Instead of truth,- you are choosing other gods.

Instead of grace,- many times a lie is chosen because of the love, for the world.

There was a time when I felt I was too entrenched in sin to come back to God. I felt my sins were worse than others. I felt that I had to first clean myself up to go to church, or clean myself up to even confess. I did not realize at the time that it is The Holy Spirit who does the cleaning up. All God wants is your surrendered heart and repentance.  I watched my neighbors return from church and they always seemed happy. They were wonderfully kind and good people.  I knew my former denomination would never accept me. I knew nothing about the Bible, but; I then decided I was going to search the God of the Bible and find out where I stood in His eyes. What was He like? Where did I stand?  It was not particularly good. 

Yet, I found such amazing love! I discovered people in there who were just like me and they ended up following Jesus everywhere!

And, that is who The Holy Spirit calls! He touches people like you and me. People who have gotten off on the wrong track in this life; and have just about done everything imaginable for us to be forgiven for! The more forgiveness you need, the more humble you will be and the more love you will be able to give to others!  You know why? Because you are one of the ones who have been there!!  You will have the understanding they need to help.

Only through accepting God’s son Jesus Christ as your Savior does grace come into your life. This is why He is called Savior. He forgives all of our sins and we become pardoned. You become white washed by His blood! A new creature in Christ! The old you will be gone! You become a brand new person in Him. You won’t even think the same way as you once did.
When this happens and you ask Jesus to come into your life, find a good Bible believing church where you can grow and gain strength through other believers. They will pray for you and be by your side as you go through your trials.



No comments: