Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The Holy Spirit blows to the east to the west looking for hearts that will surrender to His will.

Love Feast #8-10

“Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.” 
1Corinthians 13:8-10 niv

Someday prophecies, tongues and knowledge, will be stilled. They will pass away. When we prophesy, we speak in fragments of what we know and we speak in faith. But when perfection comes, the imperfect will disappear. There are many definitions of “when the perfection comes.”  I still attain this to be when Jesus Christ the Son of God returns. 

Think of the wind that blows as far as the east is to the west. God’s love blows endlessly and will circle the globe throughout eternity. His love remains forever and is everywhere, yes, even right in front of you. His love never fails. Though, men will make promises and let you down, God’s love remains sound. His love is constant. His love is stronger and mightier than anything you can think of here on earth. His Holy Spirit works inside of our hearts and is unstoppable! He does this, because love is His character. 

His love is not the universe, as some call love. For it was by Gods love that He created  the universe and all the stars and planets seen and unseen. He is the Creator of all.  

All the chapters in your past becomes like a guiding light to comfort others. God’s love begins to burn out all of the old wreckage, we have made in our lives. How would you  have an ounce of understanding, unless you went through similar trials?  One breath from His Spirit turns our sorrows into joy. Although, we are not promised an easy life we are assured His Holy Spirit will never leave us or forsake us. The Comforter will take you through all of your trials. When we walk through the rough times, we are given more hope, more faith, encouragement, empathy, compassion and wisdom. We learn not just by study, but through our experiences. 

How can I have this new life? You might ask.

By following the two greatest commandments. 

Jesus replied, “ Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Mt. 22:37-40

Jesus did not make it hard for people to understand these commandments, but they do require thought and action on your part. To love God our Father with all of our heart, all of our soul and all of our mind will require having a new heart from God and allow His Holy Spirit to take the scales from your eyes, renew your soul and replace old thoughts with good godly thoughts. 

This means, you need to be born-again. The eyes of His love looks for surrendered hearts.

One small humble step the size of a mustard seed of faith towards our Father God will bring you into His arms, and His Holy Spirit will bring you the rest of the way.

Here is a prayer just for you:

Precious Father,

I know there is a God. I don’t understand it all, but I heard that your Son Jesus Christ died on the cross, so I can have forgiveness for my sins. I admit, I have done so many wrongs in my life. I know I am a sinner. I have been so selfish in my life and hurt so many people. I need your help Lord.  Please forgive my sins. Name them____________. Forgive me Lord. Give me a new heart and give me understanding. Quicken my spirit O Father. Set me free from all my bondages Lord and replace them with the power of your love. Make me that new creature in Christ that your word talks about. Give me the ability to love you above everything else in my life. By faith, I give my life over to you completely. Do a work in my life Father. In your son Jesus I ask, amen. 


If you have prayed this prayer, the Bible says that you have been “Born Again.”  Now, you must grow spiritually. Read your Bible starting with the book of John in the New Testament. Ask the Holy Spirit to be your teacher in all areas, everyday. Be open to how He will be teaching you. Develop a new habit to have a quiet time in prayer and a reading of the Bible before you go to work. Find a Bible believing church to attend and to make new friends. Every believer has walked through this door and there are no exceptions. Jesus Himself said, “I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me.” There is only one way to God and that is through His son Jesus. We have all humbled ourselves and admitted we are sinners and we are all a work in progress. 

No comments: