Sunday, October 27, 2019

We search for understanding, but only see in part.

                                                                                  Love Feast #12     

“For now [in this time of imperfection] we see in a mirror dimly [a blurred reflection, a riddle, an enigma], but then [when the time of perfection comes we will see reality] face to face. Now I know in part [just in fragments]’ but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known [by God]. 1Co. 13:12 amp

The ancient mirrors in Pauls day were not made of glass, but of steel or polished brass. Smooth surfaces appeared more metallic. When they would look upon their image, they could only see themselves in a dim view. This is the way we see things while we are here.  We see in part. We study, yet we are given our answers in pieces or fragments and we strive to put the puzzle together. 

One of the worlds greatest minds, Dr. Einstein once said:

I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.”

“The years of anxious searching in the dark, with their intense longing, their alternations of confidence and exhaustion and the final emergence into the light - only those who have experienced it can understand it.” 

“One thing I have learned in a long life: that all science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - and yet it is the most precious thing we have.” 

While talking to a friend about equations and how light moves masses and so much more, he said: 

“This thought is amusing and infectious, but I cannot possibly know whether the good Lord does not laugh at it and has led me up the garden path." 

It has been said that he knew God was connected to light and he wanted to get as close to light as  possible so he could ride that beam to God. 

Within all his studies, Dr. Einstein knew in his heart there was a God. He knew there was more, yet he only saw in part. He understood the equations of formulas written on the blackboards, atoms, protons, relativity and gravity. Yet, he tapped in only a shadow of the mystery of God. He understood things, I can barely spell, pronounce nor have the slightest degree of insight. His deepest desire was to know Gods thoughts. He wanted to know His character. 

While we are here, on the earth, we see shadows of tomorrow. There aren’t words to describe the glory that is to come. 

Jesus said, “I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” Jn. 8:12

Let’s pray:

Heavenly Father,

I believe in you. I cannot see you or understand it all, but I believe in you. I know your son  gave his life for me.  I know His light is connected to your great love for us and shine together, one in one. I ask that you would open up my eyes so I can understand more of your character, and more of your love. Increase our understanding, our faith, our love to be all that we can be while we are here. Take our hand and walk us through this road. Thank you Father. In your son’s name we pray. Amen.  



No comments: