Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Everyone has messed up, this is why we need GRACE

My Theme for the Day is:

Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, Not of works, lest anyone should boast.” Ep. 2:8-9
Imagine finding a long piece of string that you were looking for, only to discover the culprit in an accumulation of tight snarly knots. That old knotty tight string was once my life. I couldn’t untangle such a mess and if I were to start cutting such clutter; I’d destroy most of the string.  There was not a smooth edge on any part of that string. A former Pastor friend of mine said:  “Failure is one of the greatest qualifications! “ How can that be? Because my heart was open for the truth when I searched for God’s love. All my life I had been searching for His love.  I learned things in His strength, not mine. I had no strength at the time. Oh but for God’s incredible grace!  I did not deserve it, yet I was offered this free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Today The Holy Spirit is still talking to people and offering his path to freedom and eternal life. One step towards God and He will take you the rest of the way.  

No comments: