Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Our Eyes Communicate

My Theme for the Day is:
Medicine

“The light in the eyes  [of him whose heart is joyful] rejoices the heart of others, and good news nourishes the bones.” Pr. 15:30 amp.

Yesterday my husband and I were sitting on the old swing we had bought down from our mountain farm, in my garden. What a beautiful sight I thought to myself, look at all those flowers!  I looked down at my faithful garden cat Marco of 19 years. His face wasn’t as full or round anymore, his big green eyes are a little dim and he can no longer hear. I have sometimes thought if some people had a small portion of his love, we would have no divorces or war. I reached down and picked up his frail body and started to massage his head.  Then, all of a sudden we heard a loud crack and the old swing came crashing down with all three of us toppling over one another. My husband delightfully started to laugh exclaiming how exciting life has been married to me. I wasn’t feeling as enthusiastic as my derriere was quite sore. And no, I wasn’t going to ice it either!
My mother once said if you can find the humor in the situation you are going through, you will make it. The thought of laughter strengthening your bones brings a whole new meaning to medicine, doesn’t it?













No comments: